To help you to select a quality contractor, you should always ask the following questions before contracting for services.
- Is the company properly licensed to do business in your state? In Maryland you should call Maryland Home Improvement Commission at 410-230-6309 to see if a license exists for any company you hire. O’Connor’s MHIC# is 36229.
- Does the company carry liability insurance to protect against damage to either you or your property? O’Connor’s Painting is covered by Erie Insurance.
- Does the company carry workers compensation insurance to cover injury to their employees? They must show you a valid certificate of insurance. Your home must be protected from long term disability claims. O’Connor’s Painting Service is covered by Erie Insurance.
- Is the painting company established and well known in the area? O’Connor’s Painting has been in existence for over 25 years painting homes in Montgomery County Maryland.
- Is the painting company seasonal or a year-round operation who will respond promptly is problems arise? O’Connor’s is a year-round firm so call us any time at 301-963-4226
- Does the painting company use full-time employees or do they sub-contract out the work to other individuals or day laborers who are not on staff? At O’Connor’s Painting, all of our workers are permanent, full-time and on payroll.
- Can the painting company provide up-to-date references? O’Connor’s always provides references upon request.